About the Course
Taking Charge of My Life and Health-Facilitator Training Train the Trainer (TCMLH-FT TTT) is an experiential, three-day training, designed to equip education specialists, clinicians and non-clinicians and others, with skills necessary to lead the Taking Charge of My Life and Health – Facilitator Training (TCMLH-FT). Participants will learn effective training skills in training Whole Health facilitators to deliver the TCMLH multi-week work group program to support Veterans. This training is conducted utilizing Power Point presentations, small and large group activities, and group practice sessions with mentored feedback. Participants will learn and practice the following.
- Key training skills to deliver the TCMLH-Facilitated Training course effectively:
- Presenting Course Concepts (PPTs)
- Leading Discussion
- Demonstration of Skills/Stages
- Mentoring facilitators in training
- Ongoing support following the training
- Specific knowledge and skills to train others to assist Veterans in:
- Exploring their life mission, aspirations, and purpose
- Learning the practice of mindfulness
- Goal setting, skill-building, and self-management of their health and health care, with the support of a group of their peers
- Supporting the Veterans through the change process
Please review your TCMLH-FT Facilitator Guide and Participant workbook as we will be using that along with the TCMLH-FT Train the Trainer Guide
Whole Health face-to-face courses are only available to VA employees. To learn more about how to apply Whole Health in your practice, review the Passport to Whole Health and implementation overviews. If you are a VA employee interested in participating in a Whole Health course, refer to the OPCC&CT Intranet and SharePoint Education Hub at the bottom of this page.